11 March, 2013@2:28 pm
The feature length documentary that shook the dance music world to its very core–the 60-minute extravaganza depicting the 2011 ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL ‘Can U Feel It – The UMF Experience’—will now be available to own. Beginning March 12 as a digital download via iTunes, the film will also be available in various formats this spring through partnership with leading electronic music label Ultra Music, including Cable VOD on April 2 and DVD at other major outlets including Amazon and Best Buy later this spring. What’s more, die-hard fans will be able to get their hands on USB bracelets holding the film (with extra special features) exclusively at ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL’s merchandise booth at either weekend of the festival taking place March 15-17 and 22-24 at Bayfront Park in Miami. For those unable to attend the festival, FUSE TV will broadcast the film throughout the day on March 12.
‘CAN U FEEL IT’ premiered in front of 7,000 revelers at Miami’s breathtaking Bayfront Park Amphitheatre the day before ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVALin March 2012 where Arielle Castillo of the Miami New Times (March 22, 2012) noted, “The sights, sounds, and personalities in ‘Can U Feel It’ may all be familiar to devoted clubbers. But the film’s mere existence and its fervent outdoor reception signals critical mass for Ultra as a brand. It’s no longer just a festival in Miami, but a movement.” The film showed in more than 500 movie theatres across North America for one night only the following day and soon after, it was made available exclusively via UMF TV’s YouTube channel. Now the impact of ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL can be relived over again.
Created and directed by the man behind Final Kid, Charly Friedrichs and Executive Produced by festival organizers Russell Faibisch, Adam Russakoff and Charles Faibisch, ‘CAN U FEEL IT’ powerfully documents the truly global explosion of dance music that’s unfolding before our eyes and immerses the audience headfirst in the full “UMF Experience.” Both the experience and the story are told through the detailed, honest and first-hand insight of some of the finest, longest-standing and knowledgeable DJs in the industry featuring Tiësto, David Guetta, Carl Cox, Armin van Buuren, Afrojack, Fedde Le Grand, Boys Noize and many more, each star gives their own unique perspective on the reasons behind this unprecedented phenomenon in the most prominent and fitting location imaginable – ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL Miami. This marks the third UMF Experience docs to be released following films in 2004 and 2005.
Shot in full HD, and told by those integral and responsible for its evolution, ‘CAN U FEEL IT’ is a definitive guide to what is now a truly global phenomenon, taking you inside the DJ booth and onto the dance floor on one of the world’s greatest stages. This is an authoritativefilm documenting the rise and success of dance music around the world through the eyes of its most successful pioneers.
‘Can U Feel It – The UMF Experience’ is being released under the strategic partnership between Ultra Music Festival and Ultra Music, who have joined forces and will be using each of their vast networks and resources to ensure ULTRA will entrench itself as the undisputed driving force behind the international electronic dance music community in all aspects.
Leave a Reply
- Erick Morillo Taking Hiatus After Series Of Strange Performance Episodes
- Avicii & Aloe Blacc’s “Wake Me Up” To Premiere This Weekend
- Diplo “Express Yourself” Serato Vinyl Available
- Ed Banger Records “Ed Rec Vol. X” [Full Album Stream]
- Dizzee Rascal Taps Calvin Harris, Tinie Tempah For New LP, “The Fifth”
- 10-Minute “Daft Punk Remix” Of “Get Lucky” Coming
- Richard Vission – “Primitive” (feat. Luciana) [Out Now]
- ETC!ETC! + Brillz + Diplo – “Bueller VIP”
- Psycho White (Yelawolf + Travis Barker) – “Push Em (Steve Aoki & Travis Barker Remix)”
- Jack Beats – “KYD (Major Lazer X Jack Beats Remix)”
- The Making of Pretty Lights’ New Album: A Color Map of the Sun
- Norin & Rad – “Bird Is The Word” [Out Now]
- 10-Minute "Daft Punk Remix" Of "Get Lucky" Coming
Commented on by Green Django
- Daft Punk - "Random Access Memories" (Review)
Commented on by Green Django
- Defected Presents 30 Classic House Tracks In Under 3 Minutes
Commented on by Ian (@Stellaskid)
- Skrillex - "Summit" (feat. Ellie Goulding) (Video)
Commented on by O.zee.zee
- Crookers "Don't Be Sad" Mix
Commented on by djcj
- Kaskade vs. Sebastian Ingrosso + Tommy Trash - "Eyes Reloaded"
Commented on by JPjammerson