2013 finally saw this generation of dance and electronic music make the transition from being a singles driven market to an album driven one, with many releases from a crop of artists we’re used to only seeing on a track-by-track basis. Here are WeAllHitPlay.Com’s picks for the best albums of 2013. 10. Dirty South – [cont.]
Dirty South returns to his own Phazing records once again, this time donning both his A&R and production caps. Signing Australian production wizard Nordean’s latest offering ‘Wolves’, not only that, taking to the studio to deliver a very special edit. Main room muscle is the order of the day, in a classy fashion that has [cont.]
Available now via Beatport. 7/31/13: Teaming up with LA-based singer songwriter Joe Gil on ‘Until The End’, Dirty South creates an uplifting and optimistic dancefloor anthem perfectly timed for the summer. The shimmering melodic track smoothly blends chiming guitars and cool synths, which are combined with Gil’s emotive vocals over driving drums to create both [cont.]
With the remix pack just on the horizon, Dirty South rides the success of “Speed Of Life” with a video for “Until The End”.
Easily our favorite up and coming act of the moment, Showtek takes on Dirty South and Alesso’s already classic “City Of Dreams” for this exclusive remix.
One of our favorite rising dance acts, Those Usual Suspects, give us a preview of their new track “Blaze (Dirty South Edit)”, in their Miami aftermovie.
Your Heart is the brand new single taken from Dirty South’s debut album ‘Speed Of Life’. The Grammy nominated DJ/Producer hands the remix duty over to his young protégé Michael Brun. Having collaborated with Dirty South and released on his Phazing label through 2012, Brun is no stranger to success. This remix reinforces why so [cont.]
Update: The track is now available on Beatport. 4/14/13: Dirty South takes on Monsta’s “Monsta” for an exclusive remix. Release info TBA.
Yugoslavian-born – but now residing in Melbourne, Austrailia – Dirty South, has been putting it down on the electronic music scene for years, and is definitely looked at as one of the pioneers of today’s new school “EDM” movement. While he’s captured fans’ ears with already classic tracks like “Walking Alone”, “Alive”, and “Phazing”, he [cont.]
Australia only bonus track from Dirty South’s recently released Speed Of Life LP.
The lead single to Dirty South’s “Speed Of Life” features live-strummed guitars and vocals from Joe Gil. “This was one of the first tracks that was completed for this album, and it kind of sets the mood for the rest of the tracks with its emotional sound,” Dirty South told Billboard. “Joe Gil was a [cont.]
As Dirty South preps his Speed Of Life album release for March 5th, today he reveals the tracklist for the set, as well as a trailer for the release, featuring as-of-yet-unheard music. Take a look. SPEED OF LIFE TRACK LISTING: 1. Gods (feat. Ruben Haze) 2. Super Sounds 3. Until The End (feat. Joe Gil) [cont.]
Update: Out now on Beatport. Phazing kicks off 2013 with a firing new collaboration from Dirty South & Deniz Koyu called ‘Halo’. The track had been in the making for a while and has been circulation as rumour on the blogs of the world and now we can confirm it’s ready to be released. ‘Halo’ [cont.]
Update: Out on Beatport now. A little while back, Dirty South and Michael Brun first collaborated through the Phazing release ‘Rise’ that was edited by Dirty South, they now team up again for the epic new collaboration ‘Rift’, a real stormer of a track that matches Michael’s epic sound with the unmistakable Dirty South production. [cont.]
1. Cicada feat. Holly Miranda – Over & Over (Denzal Park Remix) 2. Morgan Page, Andy Caldwell feat. Jonathan Mendelsohn – Where Did You Go (Tom Fall Remix) 3. Calvin Harris, Nicky Romero – Iron (Original) 4. Dave Audé feat. Luciana – Something For The Weekend (Extended) 5. Alex Kenji, Ron Carrol – Good Time [cont.]
While Dirty South and Alesso trade their share of barbs and mother jokes via Twitter, the two couldn’t be closer friends. They celebrated their single “City Of Dreams” together at Marquee Las Vegas’ Dayclub season closing party, with back-to-back DJ sets. Check the footage above to see what you missed.
Dirty South presents the trailer to his Roseland Ballroom, NYC performance on the City Of Dreams tour, which will happen on October 20th. Opening sets by Mord Fustang and Gregori Klosman. Tickets available via LiveNation.
In this short and sweet clip, Dirty South shows the origins of his now classic cut, “Phazing”, joining singer Rudy, as he plays the track on his acoustic gee-tar.
1. Dirty South & Alesso ft Ruben Haze – City Of Dreams 2. Chris Lake & Lazy Rich ft. Jareth – Stand Alone (Federico Scavo Mix) 3. Afrojack & Shermanology – Can’t Stop Me (Kryder & Tom Staar Mix) 4. Chocolate Puma & Firebeats – Just One More Time Baby 5. Sebastian Drums & Wheelan [cont.]
- Duck Sauce’s Long-Awaited “QUACK” LP Is Due April 15th
- Avicii Will Remix “True” LP Entirely
- Major Lazer Teaming With Pharrell, Sean Paul For “Apocalypse Soon” EP
- Avicii Announces North American #TrueTour
- Sebastian Ingrosso Announces the Release Free Mix-Album, “Live From Brixton Academy”
- Daft Punk Will Perform At The 2014 Grammy Awards
- Martin Garrix – “Proxy” [Free Download]
- Cash Cash – “Lightning” (feat. John Rzeznik) [Preview]
- Zedd – “Find You (Dave Audé Radio Remix)” (feat. Matthew Koma)
- Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs DVBBS & Borgeous – “Stampede (Major Lazer X P.A.F.F. Remix)”
- Danny Howard & GLOWINTHEDARK – “MUG” (feat. T3nbears) [Out Now]
- Junior Sanchez & Alexander Technique – “Baila”
- Sick Individuals & Axwell - "I AM (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Wolfpack & Boosted Kids Remix)" [Live Preview]
Commented on by Vits
- Krewella - "Live For The Night (Hook N Sling Remix)"
Commented on by Krewella Live For The Night Remix
- Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - "Magnet" [Out Now]
Commented on by Hook N Sling Chris Willis Magnet Remix
- Doctor P + Adam F - "The Pit" (feat. Method Man) (Video)
Commented on by Green Django
- Marcus Schossow - "Reverie" [Axtone] [Out Now]
Commented on by Freddy Mcelfresh
- 10-Minute "Daft Punk Remix" Of "Get Lucky" Coming
Commented on by Green Django