If Piet Mondrian worked with sub-bass rather than paint and canvas, The Joker might’ve been something he’d be fond of. Minimalist approaches have been a common occurrence in clubs over the last year or two; however, not everything you’ll hear carries a universally efficient impact. Our latest import from the UK has landed courtesy of [cont.]
Here comes remixer supreme, Dave Silcox, back with a new rendition of Mike Hawkins, Henry Fong & Toby Green’s “Hot Steppa”. He makes “big” bigger, as usual. Watch out for this kid.
Up-and-coming British producer Dave Silcox drops his “Voodoo” EP 3rd October on Laidback Luke’s Ones To Watch Records (Mixmash). The EP, which follows Silcox’ releases on Revealed Recordings and Toolroom Records features two new tracks “Voodoo” and “Wu”. Drawing on myriad musical influences, the hard-hitting “Voodoo”delivers the raw energy of a true electro banger while [cont.]
Following the success of the Harlem Shake remix, Dave Silcox is back on remix duties bringing his own twist to the huge festival banger, “MORE”. Keeping the fundamentals of the original in tact & bringing a high energy alternative drop & melodic break adding a just a little bit MORE.
Dave Silcox has been killing it on the remix tip lately (see “Don’t You Worry Child” and “Harlem Shake”), and does the same for Tommie Sunshine and Disco Fries’ remix of “Cool Without You”.
Off the back of the success of his remix of Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child remix, london producer Dave Silcox has taken it back to revive the 90s Armand Van Helden classic ‘You Don’t Know Me’. Keeping the original groove in the breaks instact & switching to a hard & bouncy electro [cont.]
Update: Out Now on Beatport. Yes, this is a Fatboy Slim cover. Fedde Le Grand was the last one to do this track justice back in 2009, but Matt Nash and Dave Silcox go for big room synths in this updated version of the classic track. Catch a preview here, then grab it on Oct. [cont.]
The voice behind “Hello”, and tons of other house hits, Dragonette, just released their new album, Bodyparts, this week. In addition, one of our favorite up and coming producers, Dave Silcox, teams with Matt Nash for this agressive electrohouse remix of their latest single, “Live In This City”. Nash, also recently released his own single, [cont.]
London, UK producer Dave Silcox first won our hearts with “Bang Your Head”, an electro re-imagining of the 1994 Gravediggaz song of the same name. His latest remix is of Swedish House Mafia’s farewell cut, “Don’t You Worry Child”, where he takes the original vocals and propels them a nasty electro drop. He also improves [cont.]
- Download The Entire SIZE Records Catalog, Courtesy of Steve Angello
- Duck Sauce’s Long-Awaited “QUACK” LP Is Due April 15th
- Avicii Will Remix “True” LP Entirely
- Major Lazer Teaming With Pharrell, Sean Paul For “Apocalypse Soon” EP
- Avicii Announces North American #TrueTour
- Sebastian Ingrosso Announces the Release Free Mix-Album, “Live From Brixton Academy”
- Calvin Harris – “Summer” [Snippet]
- Pharrell Williams – “Happy (Vaux & Rivera Remix)” [Free Download]
- Joel Fletcher vs Cazzette (TJR Mashup)
- Frank Ocean + Mick Jones + Paul Simonon + Diplo – “HERO” [Free Download]
- Max Vangeli – “Last Night Changed It All” [Preview]
- Nom De Strip vs Nezzo – “Sushi Of God”
- Sick Individuals & Axwell - "I AM (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Wolfpack & Boosted Kids Remix)" [Live Preview]
Commented on by Vits
- Krewella - "Live For The Night (Hook N Sling Remix)"
Commented on by Krewella Live For The Night Remix
- Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - "Magnet" [Out Now]
Commented on by Hook N Sling Chris Willis Magnet Remix
- Doctor P + Adam F - "The Pit" (feat. Method Man) (Video)
Commented on by Green Django
- Marcus Schossow - "Reverie" [Axtone] [Out Now]
Commented on by Freddy Mcelfresh
- 10-Minute "Daft Punk Remix" Of "Get Lucky" Coming
Commented on by Green Django