27 February, 2013@1:48 am
MTV and world-renowned DJ/producer Steve Angello have teamed up to launch an intriguing social media campaign in support of MTV’s newest hit docu-series “Catfish: The TV Show,” which recently premiered on MTV. The series follows the plot of the critically acclaimed 2010 documentary-thriller “Catfish,” which tackles the mysteries and complexities of keeping up relationships in a digital world.
Steve Angello has teamed up with MTV in a campaign supporting the hit show, as he takes on the “catfish” role by hiding behind one of the millions of profiles on Facebook for a week. Fans all over the world are encouraged to visit www.catchsteveangello.com, where they will have the opportunity to answer questions about Steve Angello and “Catfish: The TV Show” to unlock exclusive clues, and help narrow their search to find Steve’s “catfish” profile. Fans will also be able to use Facebook’s “Graph Search,” one of the site’s newest features, making this the very first MTV campaign to use Facebook’s Graph Search function. The fan that finds Steve will win the chance to meet him in person at an event in Miami.
Mattias Behrer, International Marketing Director of MTV, is very excited about working with Steve: ”Steve is one of the most talented DJs in the world, and his great entrepreneurship, devotion to his fans, massive reach in social media and popularity among our key target group make him an ideal artist to work with on this campaign supporting our latest hit show, “Catfish.” This new series highlights the seriousness and complexity of the catfish phenomenon, and we’re looking forward to our campaign with Steve raising even more awareness around this very timely and fascinating topic.”
Steve Angello is currently in the midst of performing alongside Swedish House Mafia band mates Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso in the iconic dance act’s globe spanning “One Last Tour.” He also owns and operates one of dance music’s most influential labels, Size Records, and is the mastermind behind the Size Matters brand.
“When MTV approached me about the concept for a “Catfish: the TV-show” themed campaign, I was immediately on board. I’m really enamored with the power of the online world and social media. Everyone knows how difficult relationships can be, and how it’s possible to hide behind a fake profile online, so I’m intrigued to see how the campaign will play out,” Steve Angello says.
Leave a Reply
- Erick Morillo Taking Hiatus After Series Of Strange Performance Episodes
- Avicii & Aloe Blacc’s “Wake Me Up” To Premiere This Weekend
- Diplo “Express Yourself” Serato Vinyl Available
- Ed Banger Records “Ed Rec Vol. X” [Full Album Stream]
- Dizzee Rascal Taps Calvin Harris, Tinie Tempah For New LP, “The Fifth”
- 10-Minute “Daft Punk Remix” Of “Get Lucky” Coming
- Richard Vission – “Primitive” (feat. Luciana) [Out Now]
- ETC!ETC! + Brillz + Diplo – “Bueller VIP”
- Psycho White (Yelawolf + Travis Barker) – “Push Em (Steve Aoki & Travis Barker Remix)”
- Jack Beats – “KYD (Major Lazer X Jack Beats Remix)”
- The Making of Pretty Lights’ New Album: A Color Map of the Sun
- Norin & Rad – “Bird Is The Word” [Out Now]
- 10-Minute "Daft Punk Remix" Of "Get Lucky" Coming
Commented on by Green Django
- Daft Punk - "Random Access Memories" (Review)
Commented on by Green Django
- Defected Presents 30 Classic House Tracks In Under 3 Minutes
Commented on by Ian (@Stellaskid)
- Skrillex - "Summit" (feat. Ellie Goulding) (Video)
Commented on by O.zee.zee
- Crookers "Don't Be Sad" Mix
Commented on by djcj
- Kaskade vs. Sebastian Ingrosso + Tommy Trash - "Eyes Reloaded"
Commented on by JPjammerson