After the obligatory winter release break, Axtone Records are pleased to welcome Belgian brothers & super duo Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike to the label for their debut single on Axwell’s imprint.
Longtime friends of the label Dimitri & Mike have previously remixed, and it’s fair to say made their own, the original Swedish House Mafia anthem ‘Leave The World Behind’ by Axwell, Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso and Laidback Luke, Abel Ramos’s ‘Rotterdam City of Love’ and most recently David Tort ft Gosha ‘One Look’ alongside Axwell himself.
Aside from the Axtone records love affair the pair have released a slew of hits including a rework of Technotronic’s classic ‘Pump Up The Jam’, through to recent hits like ‘Madagascar’, ‘Rej’, ‘Alarma’, ‘Momentum’, ‘Loops & Tings’, ‘Generation X’, ‘Ocarina’ plus collaborations with Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas (Phat Brahms), Lil Jon and Coone (Madness), and MOGUAI (Mammoth) released through no less than Dim Mak Records, Spinnin Records, Size Records, Doorn Records, Wall Recordings and their own imprint Smash The House.
When they aren’t hitting it hard in the studio, the boys are on a relentless touring schedule, globetrotting their way to #38 in the DJ Mag Top 100. They have left the likes of Pacha Ibiza, Mansion in Miami, Ministry of Sound and Brazil’s epic Green Valley in their wake, whilst destroying festival stages at Tomorrowland, Creamfields, Electric Daisy Carnival, Ultra Music Festival and many more.
‘Wakanda’ is perhaps a curveball to many fans of Axtone, though anyone who’s caught Swedish House Mafia on their One Last Tour will have experienced first hand something a little bit like this. With its African chant and rock solid track, ‘Wakanda’ has captured the imaginations of the global club community both in the clubs and online.
Finally, for those who love a fact, which we of course do, ‘Wakanda’ is a fictitious country in Africa in the Marvel comic ‘Black Panther’…
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike ‘Wakanda’ will be released on iTunes and all other stores 25th February.
Leave a Reply
- Swedish House Mafia To Debut “Leave The World Behind” Doc This Friday
- Tiesto “Club Life Vol. 3: Stockholm” Cover Art & Tracklist Revealed
- AraabMuzik Shot In Botched Robbery Attempt
- EDC Las Vegas 2013 Line-Up Revealed
- Diplo & Skrillex Are “Jack U”
- Giorgio Moroder Talks Daft Punk, Avicii Collaborations
- Daft Punk - "Random Access Memories" (Review)
Commented on by Green Django
- Defected Presents 30 Classic House Tracks In Under 3 Minutes
Commented on by Ian (@Stellaskid)
- Skrillex - "Summit" (feat. Ellie Goulding) (Video)
Commented on by O.zee.zee
- Crookers "Don't Be Sad" Mix
Commented on by djcj
- Kaskade vs. Sebastian Ingrosso + Tommy Trash - "Eyes Reloaded"
Commented on by JPjammerson
- DJ Chuckie - "Dirty Dutch Exodus: Official Aftermovie"
Commented on by Lilly Raver