20 October, 2012@3:24 pm
Above: Dada Life & DJ Pizzo @ XS Las Vegas
In a recent interview with The Las Vegas Review Journal’s Doug Elfman, Dada Life revealed that they will soon release a “sequel” to the genre-defining “Sausage Fattener” production plug-in, that has been used by countless artists in the house music world.
Introduced in May 2011, the Sausage Fattener changed the sound of house music, as virtually everyone started using it to fatten up their beats, a long list of producers that includes Tiësto, Kaskade, Diplo, Laidback Luke, Chuckie, Sebastian Ingrosso, Dirty South, Hardwell, Angger Dimas, Zedd, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, and more.
“We just thought, ‘Why not give the opportunity to other producers to have that combination of effects in a simple package?’ Dada Olle Corneer told Elfman. “And it just spread like wildfire until the point where every producer in the world is using it. We never expected that.”
They are not worried if others use the sound of the Sausage Fattener, because they aim to “to shock ourselves and our listeners with every song we create,” as told to The RJ. “So to us, it doesn’t matter if they copy our sound, because in six month’s time, we’re going to sound completely different anyway.”
The duo have revealed that they are working on a follow-up to the Sausage Fattener, but they have not revealed the details of what exactly it will do or entail, but will effect the tonal output.
“Tone is so important for us,” he says. “We want to make something sugary, sweet and nice – but at the same way it should be an evil, hard and nose-bloody, crashing-into-worlds feeling.
“It’s kind of easy to make something that’s sugary, poppy and commercial. And it’s kind of easy to do something that’s hard and monotonous and driving. But it’s really hard to have those two working in the same song.
“That’s when music is interesting to me, when two different elements meet, rub off each other and create something you never thought possible in the first place – something unexpected.”
You can check out Dada Life’s original introducing of the Sausage Fattener in the YouTube clip below. Also, be sure to read our review of their just released new album, The Rules Of Dada.
- Swedish House Mafia Release Farewell Cover Of “Leave The World Behind”
- “One More Time” Singer Romanthony Dies
- Swedish House Mafia To Debut “Leave The World Behind” Doc This Friday
- Tiesto “Club Life Vol. 3: Stockholm” Cover Art & Tracklist Revealed
- AraabMuzik Shot In Botched Robbery Attempt
- EDC Las Vegas 2013 Line-Up Revealed
- TJR – “Ode To Oi (Will Sparks Remix)” [Free Download]
- Deadmau5 – “Suite 03″ [Preview]
- Stefano Noferini – “The End” [Preview]
- Empire Of The Sun – “Alive (David Guetta / Mat Zo Remixes)”
- ALVARO – “Most Wanted” [Free Download]
- Tony Junior x Carnage ft. New & Used – “Nobody Beats The Signal [Tommie Sunshine Bootleg]“
- Daft Punk - "Random Access Memories" (Review)
Commented on by Green Django
- Defected Presents 30 Classic House Tracks In Under 3 Minutes
Commented on by Ian (@Stellaskid)
- Skrillex - "Summit" (feat. Ellie Goulding) (Video)
Commented on by O.zee.zee
- Crookers "Don't Be Sad" Mix
Commented on by djcj
- Kaskade vs. Sebastian Ingrosso + Tommy Trash - "Eyes Reloaded"
Commented on by JPjammerson
- DJ Chuckie - "Dirty Dutch Exodus: Official Aftermovie"
Commented on by Lilly Raver