Superstar DJ and producer Avicii, aka Tim Berling, today launches the ‘X You’ track, created out of the world’s largest music collaboration. The collaborative project ran for nearly seven weeks and invited fans worldwide to contribute to his next single. During this time Avicii curated around 13,000 submissions from more than 4,000 people in 140 countries (including countries such as Venezuela, Iceland, Botswana, Australia and Thailand). Avicii selected weekly semi-finalists and fans voted for the final sounds and beats, which Avicii used to create a finished track in his studio in Los Angeles.
The song is exclusively available at www.aviciixyou.com and from the 27th of February it will be distributed on a variety of digital platforms, such as Spotify, iTunes and VEVO. Apart from Avicii as executive producer, featured producers for the track are Kian Sang, Naxsy DJ-Compositeur, Martin Kupilas and ВaНЯ ХАКСИ.
“It’s so cool that people will be able to hear this track on the radio and know that they’ve all been part of creating it. Five years ago, this would not have been possible and now we have the whole world collaborating. Thanks to everyone for joining in!” says Avicii, who is a two-time Grammy nominee and was named by Forbes Magazine as the #3 most influential artist under 30.
The project illustrates the full effect of a collaborative, networked society, where new ways or working creatively across borders is allowed to emerge, made possible by the constantly evolving digital society. The collaboration is in partnership with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), At Night Management and Universal Music Sweden.
Royalties from everyone creatively contributing to the final track will be donated to the charity foundation House For Hunger.
- Swedish House Mafia To Debut “Leave The World Behind” Doc This Friday
- Tiesto “Club Life Vol. 3: Stockholm” Cover Art & Tracklist Revealed
- AraabMuzik Shot In Botched Robbery Attempt
- EDC Las Vegas 2013 Line-Up Revealed
- Diplo & Skrillex Are “Jack U”
- Giorgio Moroder Talks Daft Punk, Avicii Collaborations
- ALVARO – “Most Wanted” [Free Download]
- Tony Junior x Carnage ft. New & Used – “Nobody Beats The Signal [Tommie Sunshine Bootleg]“
- Starkillers – “Wild Bitches” [Preview]
- The Bloody Beetroots – “Spank (Reminimix)” (feat. TAI & Bart B More) [FREE DOWNLOAD] + Video
- Nicky Romero – “Symphonica (The Remixes)” [Preview]
- Junior Sanchez – “Alive At Night” (feat. Inebell)
- Daft Punk - "Random Access Memories" (Review)
Commented on by Green Django
- Defected Presents 30 Classic House Tracks In Under 3 Minutes
Commented on by Ian (@Stellaskid)
- Skrillex - "Summit" (feat. Ellie Goulding) (Video)
Commented on by O.zee.zee
- Crookers "Don't Be Sad" Mix
Commented on by djcj
- Kaskade vs. Sebastian Ingrosso + Tommy Trash - "Eyes Reloaded"
Commented on by JPjammerson
- DJ Chuckie - "Dirty Dutch Exodus: Official Aftermovie"
Commented on by Lilly Raver