In a recent interview with Billboard, Afrojack took a shot at Deadmau5 when asked about his DJ sets. Read on:
So, solo gigs are more traditional DJ sets? No “pressing play”?
You’re never just pressing play. If you’re a guy in a cube with a mask on, you can press play. Deadmau5 also said himself he’s not a DJ — don’t talk about stuff you don’t know about. I don’t know shit about LED walls and giant mouse heads; I can’t judge it. But if you put four CD players in front of me or [Sebastian Ingrosso] or even Skrillex, we’ve been DJ’ing for so long, we can do a lot of things with those CD players.
Deadmau5 took to Twitter to leave his own response, indirectly, Tweeting:
“So you know how to use 4 CD players eh? Rad. But if you REALLY want to impress me, try setting the clock on my microwave to the right time.”
Uh… Can’t We All Hit Play?
- Swedish House Mafia To Debut “Leave The World Behind” Doc This Friday
- Tiesto “Club Life Vol. 3: Stockholm” Cover Art & Tracklist Revealed
- AraabMuzik Shot In Botched Robbery Attempt
- EDC Las Vegas 2013 Line-Up Revealed
- Diplo & Skrillex Are “Jack U”
- Giorgio Moroder Talks Daft Punk, Avicii Collaborations
- ALVARO – “Most Wanted” [Free Download]
- Tony Junior x Carnage ft. New & Used – “Nobody Beats The Signal [Tommie Sunshine Bootleg]“
- Starkillers – “Wild Bitches” [Preview]
- The Bloody Beetroots – “Spank (Reminimix)” (feat. TAI & Bart B More) [FREE DOWNLOAD] + Video
- Nicky Romero – “Symphonica (The Remixes)” [Preview]
- Junior Sanchez – “Alive At Night” (feat. Inebell)
- Daft Punk - "Random Access Memories" (Review)
Commented on by Green Django
- Defected Presents 30 Classic House Tracks In Under 3 Minutes
Commented on by Ian (@Stellaskid)
- Skrillex - "Summit" (feat. Ellie Goulding) (Video)
Commented on by O.zee.zee
- Crookers "Don't Be Sad" Mix
Commented on by djcj
- Kaskade vs. Sebastian Ingrosso + Tommy Trash - "Eyes Reloaded"
Commented on by JPjammerson
- DJ Chuckie - "Dirty Dutch Exodus: Official Aftermovie"
Commented on by Lilly Raver