Grammy nominated DJ/Producer Avicii is set to release TRUE (AVICII BY AVICII), the groundbreaking remix album of his mega-successful debut TRUE, released last September on PRMD/Island Records.
TRUE boasted”Wake Me Up!” which was the fastest selling single of 2013 and hit #1 in 84 countries, topping multiple radio formats worldwide. And follow up single “Hey Brother” is already rocketing up the charts. TRUE confirmed Avicii’s status as one of music’s true global stars. Fusing charging dance rhythms with folk-esque riffs and vocals, as well as displaying a stunning adeptness for melody, his is a sound that has galvanized charts across the world.
Now, fresh for 2014, Avicii is set to offer up an entirely re-contextualized version of TRUE that delivers the album in a new, uniquely exciting light. Each rework by Avicii sees him toy with the original tracks in an innovative format that showcases not only craftsmanship but a remarkable willingness to experiment and explore.
Avicii said, “It’s rare when an artist has an opportunity to rethink from a different perspective an entire work. I was excited to share this new take on TRUE.”
Showcasing a multitude of dance floor styles is thus at the forefront of what makes this such an exciting body of music. The harmonic, big room charm of “Wake Me Up!,” which works a rolling, bass-heavy twist on the original is a bold contrast to the synth-rich, disco-inspired rework of “You Make Me” but one that defines Avicii’s prodigious musical outlook. A recurring theme throughout the remix album, further exemplified by the juxtaposition of storming, club-ready edit of “Hey Brother” with a a brilliantly left-field, down-tempo remix of “Shame On Me,” TRUE (AVICII BY AVICII) is a conceptual masterstroke. Fresh and exciting, it manages to retain the personality of TRUE, whilst simultaneously extending the appeal of what made TRUE such a groundbreaking debut album.
True, Avicii By Avicii is due March 24th.
- Steve Aoki Sets Aug. 12 Release Date For “Neon Future I” LP
- Swedish House Mafia Set Release Date For “Leave The World Behind” Doc & Soundtrack
- Felix Cartal April Fools Fans With New Trap Alias, “CVRTVL”
- The Godfather Of House Music, Frankie Knuckles Passes
- Daft Punk’s Official Merch Ad Is Appropriately Retro
- Afrojack’s Album Is Called “Forget The World” & Is Due May 19th
- Skrillex - "Recess" (Review)
Commented on by Bangz_UK
- Sick Individuals & Axwell - "I AM (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Wolfpack & Boosted Kids Remix)" [Live Preview]
Commented on by Vits
- Krewella - "Live For The Night (Hook N Sling Remix)"
Commented on by Krewella Live For The Night Remix
- Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - "Magnet" [Out Now]
Commented on by Hook N Sling Chris Willis Magnet Remix
- Doctor P + Adam F - "The Pit" (feat. Method Man) (Video)
Commented on by Green Django
- Marcus Schossow - "Reverie" [Axtone] [Out Now]
Commented on by Freddy Mcelfresh