Producer/DJ/all around great guy Skrillex has announced plans to invade four major markets in February/early March with another round of “takeovers”, hand-selecting diverse, unexpected lineups for numerous shows at different venues in one city over consecutive days. The run expands on the initial Skrillex Takeovers in Los Angeles and New York City that took place two years ago. His effort to rethink and change the way a major artist connects with his fans is ongoing and paramount, and these takeovers are another attempt at engaging and inspiring an audience despite logistical hurdles. Tickets will be on sale to the general public Friday, Dec. 6th. American Express® Card members can purchase a limited supply of tickets, as well as multiple show ticket bundles for San Francisco & Brooklyn shows before the general public, beginning Monday, December 2nd at 2pm EST through Thursday, December 5th at 10pm EST via http://www.skrillex.com/takeovers
San Francisco will be first in line, set to be ravaged by a full week of unique one-offs featuring A$AP Rocky, Seven Lions, Jack Beats, Alvin RIsk, Louisahhh!!!, Craze, UZ, David Heartbreak, Etnik, Samo Sound Boy, GTA, TOKiMONSTA and more artists yet to be announced at venues ranging in capacity from 500 to 8500. Next the squad will rock the borough of Brooklyn with guests including Just Blaze, Lunice, Shift K3Y, AC Slater, Bro Safari, Clockwork, and TOKiMONSTA in tow (with even more acts to be added). Over the course of five days, they’ll play small clubs before a throwdown for 3000 people at an undisclosed warehouse on Valentine’s Day.
Sonny will then make the jump across the pond to Amsterdam for 5 four more days of epic club shows (and a boat party) with Jack Beats, Bro Safari, UZ, Icarus, TC and more, plus a very special night with Noisia and friends in Groningen. The party wraps-up in Barcelona for several shows with comrades Benga, Alvin Risk, KOAN Sound, and more.
The last Takeovers involved rotating stages, people dressed as superheroes, costumed dancers, blindfolds, and an unprecedented roster of surprise guests. Two years later, it’s only going to get better.
“I’m excited to do another round of Takeovers. This time we chose four cities that I really think represent and support great art and rad artists: San Francisco, Brooklyn, Amsterdam, and Barcelona. I can’t wait to play some new stuff for you guys.” -SKRILLEX
INFO AND TICKETS HERE:
- Steve Aoki Sets Aug. 12 Release Date For “Neon Future I” LP
- Swedish House Mafia Set Release Date For “Leave The World Behind” Doc & Soundtrack
- Felix Cartal April Fools Fans With New Trap Alias, “CVRTVL”
- The Godfather Of House Music, Frankie Knuckles Passes
- Daft Punk’s Official Merch Ad Is Appropriately Retro
- Afrojack’s Album Is Called “Forget The World” & Is Due May 19th
- Skrillex - "Recess" (Review)
Commented on by Bangz_UK
- Sick Individuals & Axwell - "I AM (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Wolfpack & Boosted Kids Remix)" [Live Preview]
Commented on by Vits
- Krewella - "Live For The Night (Hook N Sling Remix)"
Commented on by Krewella Live For The Night Remix
- Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - "Magnet" [Out Now]
Commented on by Hook N Sling Chris Willis Magnet Remix
- Doctor P + Adam F - "The Pit" (feat. Method Man) (Video)
Commented on by Green Django
- Marcus Schossow - "Reverie" [Axtone] [Out Now]
Commented on by Freddy Mcelfresh