8 November, 2013@11:23 pm
November 4, 2013 Pavel Kim, a new and aspiring filmmaker from Russia has won a competition to be the director of the new music video for International DJ Avicii’s F1® inspired track, ‘Speed’ (burn® & Lotus F1® Team Mix), produced together with burn® energy drink.
Budding filmmakers and video directors from over 29 countries submitted their video entries for the track in a partnership with Talenthouse, a creative platform for up and coming artists.
Pavel’s video, titled ‘Midnight Race’, imagines F1® in 2077 and brings to life the adrenaline and pace of Avicii’s track ‘Speed’ (burn® & Lotus F1® Team Mix). As two cars tear around a dark track Pavel’s video shows that none of the thrill of excitement of Formula 1® has been lost with the introduction of new technology.
Offering a global showcase for Pavel Kim’s work, the winning video will be premiered on Avicii’s Vevo page, the burn® YouTube and Facebook channels on November 4, 2013. To support this emerging talent burn is also awarding a $4,000 USD bursary to fund future projects, as well as mentoring from Avicii and his manager Ash Pournouri.
Avicii said: “This competition has been an amazing opportunity for someone to showcase their talent on a global stage, and show what they can do to bring my track to life. Pavel Kim’s video really captures the thrill and excitement of F1®, which is what ‘Speed’ is all about!”
Commenting on his prize Pavel Kim said: “I’ve been making my own films for years, but the chance to work with someone as successful and well known as Avicii gives me a size of audience that I’ve only dreamed of. I can’t wait to see it live and hear what people think of it!”
Pavel’s video impressed judges with its futuristic setting and slick production. The panel of guest judges consisted of: Ash Pournouri (Avicii’s Manager and Creative Director); Zoe Stainsby (Global Music Marketing Manager) and Kazim Rashid (burn content at VICE Media).
Zoe Stainsby, (Global Music Marketing Manager, The Coca-Cola Company) said: “There were many impressive entrants with brilliantly creative ideas, but it was the combination of Pavel’s production quality and his use of storytelling which really brought the campaign to life and impressed us the most.”
Winner of the ‘Highly Commended’ award was the a collective called Hazlo y Sientelo from Spain, who created a video showing the talents and creativity of a selection of dancers, musicians, artists and actors. The recipient of the ‘People’s Choice Winner’ was Marcio Silva from Portugal who brought to life the energy and freedom that he found in Avicii’s music. Both of these talented directors will receive $500 towards future projects.
‘Speed’ (burn® & Lotus F1® Team Mix) takes its inspiration from Lotus F1® Team and the emotion of the drivers when they race. Avicii immersed himself in the world of F1® by visiting Lotus F1® Team’s home at Enstone, where he undertook an intensive course and found inspiration to create the track. The new track was performed live for the first time at burn Yard™ Live in Budapest on July 26, 2013.
- Swedish House Mafia Set Release Date For “Leave The World Behind” Doc & Soundtrack
- Felix Cartal April Fools Fans With New Trap Alias, “CVRTVL”
- The Godfather Of House Music, Frankie Knuckles Passes
- Daft Punk’s Official Merch Ad Is Appropriately Retro
- Afrojack’s Album Is Called “Forget The World” & Is Due May 19th
- Avicii, Kaskade, Armin Van Buuren Tapped For Disney’s “DConstructed” Remix LP
- Low Pros (A-Trak + Lex Lugar) – “Muscle (TWRK Remix)” (feat. Juvenile)
- Zeds Dead – “Hadouken” [Free Download]
- Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman + Steve Angello – “Payback”
- Sonny Wharton – “I See U” (feat. Roland Clark)
- Madison Avenue – “Don’t Call Me Baby (Tommie Sunshine & Disco Fries Remix)” [Preview]
- Steve Angello – “Teasing Mr Charlie (Sebjak & Tony Senghore Remix)” [Free Download]
- Skrillex - "Recess" (Review)
Commented on by Bangz_UK
- Sick Individuals & Axwell - "I AM (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Wolfpack & Boosted Kids Remix)" [Live Preview]
Commented on by Vits
- Krewella - "Live For The Night (Hook N Sling Remix)"
Commented on by Krewella Live For The Night Remix
- Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - "Magnet" [Out Now]
Commented on by Hook N Sling Chris Willis Magnet Remix
- Doctor P + Adam F - "The Pit" (feat. Method Man) (Video)
Commented on by Green Django
- Marcus Schossow - "Reverie" [Axtone] [Out Now]
Commented on by Freddy Mcelfresh