While so many follow the status quo, Mat Zo has always danced to the beat of his own drum. From his days topping both the drum & bass and trance charts simultaneously (releasing on Hospital Records as MRSA), to his current status as a big room innovator, collaborating with Public Enemy’s Chuck D and dropping genre-blurring 70-track contributions to BBC Radio 1’s Essential Mix, the precocious talent is destined to play by his own rules.
Supported by DJs as diverse as Skrillex, Madeon, Pete Tong, Above & Beyond, Steve Aoki and A-Trak, the LA-living producer’s much anticipated debut LP “Damage Control” is a bold, brilliantly diverse statement of intent from one of the scene’s most unique talents. In a world of EDM sound a likes, this is electronic dance music with integrity and ambition. The release of the album will coincide with an extensive upcoming world headline tour, which sees Zo playing renowned dance music hubs such as Ministry of Sound in London, Light in Las Vegas, Create/Avalon in Los Angeles, Miami’s LIV nightclub, Toronto’s Guvernment and New York City’s famed Pacha. (See full list of dates below).
The product of nearly three years dedicated work, “Damage Control” represents a star of the future coming of age. Including his Beatport No.1 smash “Easy” (feat. Porter Robinson) and recent hook-up with hip-hop legend Chuck D (Public Enemy) on “Pyramid Scheme”, Zo’s 14-track LP also features the sun-soaked melodies of his innovative future single “Lucid Dreams” – another track that perfectly embodies his uniquely quirky take on big room sounds.
What really sets the album apart from the pack are its diversions away from the dancefloor. “Damage Control” takes in everything from electro-charged French house (“Only For You” feat. Rachel K. Collier), classy trance vibes (“The Sky” feat. Linnea Schossow) and big room progressive, through to wonky, trap-styled beats (“Caller ID” and “Little Damage”), UK garage updates (“EZ”) and hip-hop (“Moderate Stimulation”).
Retaining a cohesive thread throughout thanks to Zo’s unmistakable sense of fun and infectious grasp of melody, “Damage Control” is tipped as one of the most forward-thinking debut artist albums of 2013.
- Duck Sauce’s Long-Awaited “QUACK” LP Is Due April 15th
- Avicii Will Remix “True” LP Entirely
- Major Lazer Teaming With Pharrell, Sean Paul For “Apocalypse Soon” EP
- Avicii Announces North American #TrueTour
- Sebastian Ingrosso Announces the Release Free Mix-Album, “Live From Brixton Academy”
- Daft Punk Will Perform At The 2014 Grammy Awards
- Crazibiza – “Coco Loco (Alaia & Gallo Remix)”
- Meaux Green + Tropkillaz – “Pump Up The Volume” [Free Download]
- RL Grime & What So Not – “Tell Me” [Free Download]
- Martin Garrix – “Proxy” [Free Download]
- Cash Cash – “Lightning” (feat. John Rzeznik) [Preview]
- Zedd – “Find You (Dave Audé Radio Remix)” (feat. Matthew Koma)
- Sick Individuals & Axwell - "I AM (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Wolfpack & Boosted Kids Remix)" [Live Preview]
Commented on by Vits
- Krewella - "Live For The Night (Hook N Sling Remix)"
Commented on by Krewella Live For The Night Remix
- Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - "Magnet" [Out Now]
Commented on by Hook N Sling Chris Willis Magnet Remix
- Doctor P + Adam F - "The Pit" (feat. Method Man) (Video)
Commented on by Green Django
- Marcus Schossow - "Reverie" [Axtone] [Out Now]
Commented on by Freddy Mcelfresh
- 10-Minute "Daft Punk Remix" Of "Get Lucky" Coming
Commented on by Green Django