While so many follow the status quo, Mat Zo has always danced to the beat of his own drum. From his days topping both the drum & bass and trance charts simultaneously (releasing on Hospital Records as MRSA), to his current status as a big room innovator, collaborating with Public Enemy’s Chuck D and dropping genre-blurring 70-track contributions to BBC Radio 1’s Essential Mix, the precocious talent is destined to play by his own rules.
Supported by DJs as diverse as Skrillex, Madeon, Pete Tong, Above & Beyond, Steve Aoki and A-Trak, the LA-living producer’s much anticipated debut LP “Damage Control” is a bold, brilliantly diverse statement of intent from one of the scene’s most unique talents. In a world of EDM sound a likes, this is electronic dance music with integrity and ambition. The release of the album will coincide with an extensive upcoming world headline tour, which sees Zo playing renowned dance music hubs such as Ministry of Sound in London, Light in Las Vegas, Create/Avalon in Los Angeles, Miami’s LIV nightclub, Toronto’s Guvernment and New York City’s famed Pacha. (See full list of dates below).
The product of nearly three years dedicated work, “Damage Control” represents a star of the future coming of age. Including his Beatport No.1 smash “Easy” (feat. Porter Robinson) and recent hook-up with hip-hop legend Chuck D (Public Enemy) on “Pyramid Scheme”, Zo’s 14-track LP also features the sun-soaked melodies of his innovative future single “Lucid Dreams” – another track that perfectly embodies his uniquely quirky take on big room sounds.
What really sets the album apart from the pack are its diversions away from the dancefloor. “Damage Control” takes in everything from electro-charged French house (“Only For You” feat. Rachel K. Collier), classy trance vibes (“The Sky” feat. Linnea Schossow) and big room progressive, through to wonky, trap-styled beats (“Caller ID” and “Little Damage”), UK garage updates (“EZ”) and hip-hop (“Moderate Stimulation”).
Retaining a cohesive thread throughout thanks to Zo’s unmistakable sense of fun and infectious grasp of melody, “Damage Control” is tipped as one of the most forward-thinking debut artist albums of 2013.
- Swedish House Mafia Set Release Date For “Leave The World Behind” Doc & Soundtrack
- Felix Cartal April Fools Fans With New Trap Alias, “CVRTVL”
- The Godfather Of House Music, Frankie Knuckles Passes
- Daft Punk’s Official Merch Ad Is Appropriately Retro
- Afrojack’s Album Is Called “Forget The World” & Is Due May 19th
- Avicii, Kaskade, Armin Van Buuren Tapped For Disney’s “DConstructed” Remix LP
- Low Pros (A-Trak + Lex Lugar) – “Muscle (TWRK Remix)” (feat. Juvenile)
- Zeds Dead – “Hadouken” [Free Download]
- Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman + Steve Angello – “Payback”
- Sonny Wharton – “I See U” (feat. Roland Clark)
- Madison Avenue – “Don’t Call Me Baby (Tommie Sunshine & Disco Fries Remix)” [Preview]
- Steve Angello – “Teasing Mr Charlie (Sebjak & Tony Senghore Remix)” [Free Download]
- Skrillex - "Recess" (Review)
Commented on by Bangz_UK
- Sick Individuals & Axwell - "I AM (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs Wolfpack & Boosted Kids Remix)" [Live Preview]
Commented on by Vits
- Krewella - "Live For The Night (Hook N Sling Remix)"
Commented on by Krewella Live For The Night Remix
- Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - "Magnet" [Out Now]
Commented on by Hook N Sling Chris Willis Magnet Remix
- Doctor P + Adam F - "The Pit" (feat. Method Man) (Video)
Commented on by Green Django
- Marcus Schossow - "Reverie" [Axtone] [Out Now]
Commented on by Freddy Mcelfresh